You should only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix and service your appliances. To check if your engineer is Gas Safe Registered and qualified to work on your appliance you can either go to, or call 0800 408 5500


When an engineer arrives at your home, ask to see his Gas Safe Register ID card.


Check the information on the front, his picture and the date are important of course, but then turn the card over so you can see if he is qualified to do the work you need doing.